close

                                                深夜加油站遇見蘇格拉底





PEACEFUL WARRIOR深夜加油站遇見蘇格拉底


這是一部十分發人深省的電影,已經很久很久,都沒有過這樣震撼的感動。
主角丹‧米爾曼,他的人生對於一般人來說已經幾乎是完美,有優渥的身家、
聰明的頭腦、俊俏的外貌、強健的體魄,甚至於是國家體操隊的代表選手。

照理他應該是無比幸福的,可是卻夜夜被惡夢所驚醒,為失眠所苦。某一天,
他深夜決定外出透透氣,在一個老舊的加油站裡,
遇到了改變他一生的「蘇格拉底」。



人性其實都是如此,很多時候我們自己知道什麼該做,而什麼不該,
但是我們最終還是選擇了另一條道路。因為知道跟做到,是兩回事。
就像片中提到的:『知識與智慧,根本不是一回事。』
知識只是知道,而智慧是如何親身實踐。


        
他是真正的蘇格拉底嗎?丹自我介紹時他說:
名字並不重要,問題也不重要,重要的是在姓名與問題之外的東西。

         
蘇格拉底教導他的,並不僅是個體操教練所帶給他的東西那麼簡單
還有更多的人生體悟與經驗累積。
他要丹專心於周遭所發生的事物之中─心無旁鶩‧體驗‧經歷。

在一次丹試著這麼做,並且他成功的做到了他想要的體操動作後
沾沾自喜地向蘇格拉底炫耀著今天完全勝利的自己。
蘇格拉底只淡淡的問了一句:你維持多久的心無旁鶩?
並且對丹說:「你真該瞧瞧我今天的樣子?完全的勝利?是嗎?
       孩子,你還是沒有活在當下,你依舊眷戀著過去。」

       


某一天,蘇格決定帶米爾曼去一個他認識他的當晚就想帶他去的地方。
丹期待了一整天。
他們花了三個小時的時間爬上一座小山。但是上面什麼也沒有。
        丹:「這就是你要給我看的嗎?一片風景?」
        蘇格:「不是。是你腳邊的東西。」
        丹:「這朵小花?」
        蘇格:「不,是旁邊那塊石頭。」
        丹:「你是在開玩笑嗎?我們花了三個小時的時間爬上這座山,
       就只為了這顆隨處可見的石頭?」
        蘇格:「但是你說你很開心的。你像個聖誕節等待拆禮物的孩子,
        你自己說的。」
        丹:「我先前是很開心,因為我不知道一切只有這顆石頭。」
        蘇格:「喔!是嗎?我該提前告訴你嗎?
                     其實我也不知道我們上來到底會找到什麼,
                     很抱歉讓你的快樂結束了。」
      
  
        雖然過了一會兒,丹才明白過來。不過蘇格真正的用意便是想告訴他:
        過程才是最重要的,在這個過程中你的確感到快樂了不是嗎?
        有時候我們根本不知道前方等著我們的結果會是什麼,
        真的會是你想要的東西嗎?
        
        體驗,當下。
        比什麼都還要重要。
        



以下是片中的對話,灰色字體為丹,米爾曼;黑色的是蘇格拉底
附上原文,總覺得有些東西必須要從最原始的初衷 才體會的出來


上了三個多小時的英聽課.....
_________________________________


我知道的比你認為的要多
 I know more than you think.

那是你自我感覺良好而已
 And you think more than you know.
但是智慧和知識可不是一回事
 But knowledge is not the same as wisdom.


是嗎?那有什麼分別?
 
Yeah? What's the difference?

你會擦擋風玻璃對吧!
You know how to clean the windshield.right?


Yeah

智慧就是親自實踐
W
isdom is doing it.





+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


你得先學會很多事,才能明白你當初看到的是什麼
There's a lot you'd have to know
before you could understand what you saw.

那你來問我,考考我。什麼問題都可以,
 Go! Ask me, ask me something. Ask me anything.


你快樂嗎? 
Are you happy?
你說問什麼問題都可以 
You said I could ask you anything.


快樂跟什麼事情有關係
 
What does happy have to do with anything?

任何事情
Everything.


我老爸有大把大把的鈔票,學習對我而言是小菜一碟 我拿的全是A
My dad's got plenty of cash,
School's kind of a breeze,I get straight A's.
我有一大幫鐵哥兒們、我身體強健
 
I got great friends,
I'm in great shape,
除非我想一個人睡,否則身邊總有女人
And I only sleep alone when I absolutely want to.

那你為什麼睡不著?
So why can't you sleep at night?






+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


每個人都告訴你要怎麼做 什麼對你有益
Everyone tells you what to do and what's good for you.  
他們不想讓你找到自己的答案 他們想要你相信他們的那套
They don't want you to find your own answers.
They want you to believe theirs.


那照我猜 你想要我相信你那套
And let me guess.You want me to believe yours.


不 我希望你不要從你的外部世界收集信息 而開始從你的內心進行
No,I want you to stop gathering information from outside yourself.
and start gathering it from the inside
人們都害怕他們的內心 而內心恰恰是他們唯一的歸宿
People are afraid of what's inside,and that's the only place
they're ever gonna find what they need.






+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


有時候,我不太喜歡我自己
Sometimes, I don't like myself very much.
凱爾掉下來時,我頭一個念頭是這樣會否對我產生什麼樣的好處
My first thought was about how maybe Kyle's fall could work out for me.


人們並不是他們所想的那樣 可他們覺得自己是
People are not their thoughts.They think they are
這就給他們帶來了各種悲傷 
and it brings them all kinds of sadness.


我不是我認為的這樣?I'm not what I think?

當然囉
Of course not.

大腦只是一個反射器官 它對所有事物做出反應
The mind is just a reflex organ.It reacts to everything.
每天往你的腦中注入成千上萬亂七八糟的想法
Fills your head with millions of random thoughts a day.
這些想法中沒有一個 比你鼻尖上的一個雀斑更能反映你自己
None of those thoughts reveal any more about you than a freckle does
at the end of your nose.






+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

你瘋了!你自己知道嗎?You're out of your mind.You know that?
這要花一輩子的時間去練習It's taken a lifetime of practice.

(有時候你得發瘋才會變得理智)




+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


現在什麼事也沒有發生There's nothing going on.
隨時都有事情發生
There's never nothing going on.





+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


拋開雜念,這些垃圾害你看不清真正的奧秘
Take out the trash .The trash is anything that is keeping you from
the only thing that matters
,
就是現在當下 此時 此地
T
his moment. Here.Now.
只有把握現在
And when you truly are in the here and now,
你才知道自己有多大潛能,明白自己有多大能耐
you'll be amazed at what you can do and how well you can do it.





+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

你今晚感覺如何?How we doing tonight?

我感覺如何?
How am I doing?
我又累又餓,還很想上女人。
I'm tired, I'm hungry and I'm horny.
你又感覺如何?
How are you doing?
我今晚就要你說清楚
I need some answers tonight.
我要知道做這個還有做那個都是為什麼,我要馬上知道
I need to know that this...That this is all going
somewhere,
and I need to know it right now.



什麼戰士要蹲在那刷馬桶進行訓練?
I mean, what kind of a warrior trains by sitting around scrubbing toilets?

要成為一名戰士,你就得要學會在每一個動作中進行冥想
When you become a warrior, you learn to meditate in every action.



刷馬桶呢?
Scrubbing toilets?

是為了放開多餘的束縛,譬如你的驕傲。擺脫令你沉迷上隱癮的事物
Letting go of attachments.Like your pride.
Giving up your addictions.



什麼東西令我沉迷上癮,說一個來聽聽
Yeah, name one thing I'm addicted to.

說話,特別是插嘴
Talking.Especially interrupting.
自以為什麼都懂,實際上是什麼都不懂
Knowing everything, when in fact you know nothing.


你真的以為這樣做就會使我增長對事物都認識?
You really think that this is going to expand my awareness of anything?
我老是請假中斷訓練,教練可能以為我正在吸毒 我覺得...
My game is off! My coach probably thinks that I'm on drugs,and I'm thinking...
我現在不想在你身上浪費時間
I just don't have any more time for you right now.


你所擁有的就是現在All you have is right now,Jack.


你又罵我笨蛋
!!Did you just call me a jackass again?

我倒開始覺得像你這樣潦倒的人到底能夠教我些什

Cause, you know, I'm really starting to wonder how someone with the life
that you've managed to put together can teach me anything.

我是說 你真的快樂嗎?I mean, are you really happy?

或許你只是自己一事無成,才說世人都徬徨
Maybe you're just a case of someone who, not having
made much of themselves, says that the world is lost
and all these things don't matter.

萬物皆是空!要物我兩忘,對吧?
Be happy with less, right?
怎樣物我兩忘,折騰得一無所有?
Less than what?Less than nothing?

當你像個笨蛋的時候,我才叫你笨蛋
I call you a jackass when you act like a jackass.
現在,丹 你在感情用事
Like now, Dan, when you're letting your emotions control you.

這不是感情用事,這是人之常情 
This isn't emotion! This is common sense!

你知道嗎 讓我告訴你 
You know what?Let me tell you something,
當我得到我想要的,我就快樂
When I get what I want, I'll be happy.  
無與倫比的快樂
For real and forever and anything else I say it'll be.
因為這是我努力的成果'
Cause I will make it happen.





+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

幾乎所有人類都有這樣的困境
Nearly all of humanity shares your predicament,
如果你得不到你想要的,你就難受
If you don't get what you want, you suffer.
甚至當你得到了你想要的,你還是難受
And even when you get exactly what you want,you still suffer

因為你不能永遠擁有
because you can't hold onto it forever




+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

最不容易被愛上的人通常最需要被愛
The people that are the hardest to love are usually
the ones who need it the most.




+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

沒有人會比誰「更好」,你永遠不會「更好」
There is no "better."You will never be better.
同樣地,你也永遠不會比誰更差
Same way you'll never be less than anybody else.




+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


習慣是個問題The habit is the problem

你要做的就是對自己的選擇有自覺,並為自己的行為負責
All you need to do is be conscious about your choices
and responsible for your actions.




+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

死亡並不可悲,可悲的是大多數的人並沒有真正的活過
Death isn't sad. 
The sad thing is most people don't live at all.




+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


戰士並不是要盡善盡美、不是要常戰常勝、不是要刀槍不入
A warrior is not about perfection or victory or invulnerability.
他極其脆弱 那才是唯一真正的勇氣
He's about absolute vulnerability.That's the only true courage.
意外就是你的訓練,人生是個選擇
The accident is your training.Life is choice.
你可以選擇成為受害者,或者你想成為的任何人
You can choose to be a victim or anything else you'd like to be.

要是我做不到呢?
What if I can't do it?

那是以後的事,別管他
That's the future.Throw it out.

arrow
arrow
    全站熱搜

    EDWINA 發表在 痞客邦 留言(1) 人氣()